Wax Sachets with Lavender and Sweet Orange Essential Oils
Total Time: 02h 00m
Hands-on Time: 00h 30m
Makes: 12 servings
A crafty recipe for decorative homemade wax sachets made with beeswax, dried botanicals and essential oils.
Share with your friends
- Silicon molds
- 1 pound Beeswax, divided
- 24 Lavender sprigs
- 12 Orange slices, dried
- 5 to 10 Plastic Straws Cut into 1 inch sections string or ribbon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Aura Cacia Lavender Essential Oil 0.5 fl. oz. Aura Cacia Lavender Essential Oil 0.5 fl. oz.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Aura Cacia Sweet Orange Essential Oil 0.5 fl. oz. Aura Cacia Sweet Orange Essential Oil 0.5 fl. oz.
- Stir in essential oils, then carefully pour about 3/4 of the wax into silicon molds to a depth of about 1/4 inch.
- When wax has partially set up, but is still warm and pliable, insert the straws to form holes for the hanging string or ribbon.
- While the remaining wax is still warm, dip lavender sprigs and orange slices into wax and press them into wax in silicon molds.
- Using a paint brush, carefully paint a thin layer of wax over the botanicals. Let sit until cool.
- To use, hang wax sachets wherever you want to add a decorative touch and impart their aroma.
- For more translucent sachets, substitute paraffin wax for the beeswax. For a variation of these sachets, substitute other dried botanicals for the lavender sprigs and orange slices.
- In a heavy bottom saucepan over low heat, heat beeswax just until melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.