Tummy-Warming Buttermilk Gingerbread
This easy-to-make gingerbread has just the perfect amount of holiday spice to warm your tummy.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons Simply Organic Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Simply Organic Ginger
1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic Allspice
1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Baking Soda
1/8 teaspoon Frontier Sea Salt
1/2 cup molasses
1/3 cup Frontier Organic Cane Sugar
1 stick unsalted cultured butter, melted
1/2 cup cultured lowfat buttermilk, chilled and well shaken
1 extra large egg
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x9x2-inch metal baking pan.
2. Sift the flour, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, baking soda, and sea salt into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together molasses, sugar, melted butter, buttermilk and egg. Fold in the dry ingredients. Pour gingerbread batter into the prepared baking pan.
4. Place pan on the middle rack of the preheated oven. Bake gingerbread for 25 to 30 minutes, or until an inserted tester comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely in the pan, placed on a baking rack.
5. Once cooled, cut into 9 squares.
More Delicious Recipes
As prepared, each serving contains 250 calories, 11g total fat, 50mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 35g total carbohydrate and 3g protein.