Cinnamon Clove Essential Oil Ornaments
A simple recipe for homemade ornaments made with flour, salt and cinnamon, then spiced up with clove bud and cinnamon leaf essential oils.
Share with your friends
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sea salt
- 2 cups water
- parchment paper
- 1 plastic straw
- raffia ribbon
- 1 cup
- Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon 1 lb
- 1/2 teaspoon Aura Cacia Clove Bud Essential Oil 0.5 fl. oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Aura Cacia Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil 0.5 fl. oz.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add water and oil gradually, stirring continuously until liquid is completely absorbed.
- Knead for a few minutes. Cover and place in refrigerator for 1 1/2 hours.
- Roll dough flat on parchment paper so that it's 1/4-inch thick. Cut with a cookie cutter or make your own designed with a small knife.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Using straw, place a small hole in the top of each cut-out.
- Place ornaments on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 1 hour.
- Carefully remove baking sheet from oven, turn ornaments over and place back in oven.
- Bake for 1 more hour, or until ornaments are very firm, then remove and set aside to cool.
- Thread with ribbons and hang on tree!