Sugar Scrub Bar with Rosemary and Lemon Essential Oils
Total Time: 45 mins
Hands-on Time: 20 mins
Makes: 2 cups
- 3/4 cup Aura Cacia Fair Trade Certified Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil 6.25 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Aura Cacia Lemon Essential Oil 0.5 fl. oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Aura Cacia Rosemary Essential Oil 0.5 fl. oz.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup beeswax or soy wax
- 1 teaspoon dried lemon peel granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaf
1. Melt coconut oil and wax in a double boiler over simmering water just until melted and clarified.
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool until mixture becomes slightly hazy around edges.
3. In a blender or food processor, grind rosemary leaf until small granules form.
4. Stir sugar, lemon peel, rosemary leaf, lemon essential oil and rosemary essential oil into coconut oil and wax mixture.
5. Portion into muffin tins and place in the refrigerator until set. Wrap individually in wax paper or cellophane and store in a cool area.
6. To use, warm bar in hands and buff skin as the bar melts. Rinse with warm water.