Summertime Citronella Wax Candle Lamp Diffusion
Total Time: 0 hrs 0 mins
Hands-on Time: 0 hrs 0 mins
- 24 drops citronella essential oil
- 4 oz. shea butter
- 24 drops geranium essential oil
- 24 drops Texas cedarwood essential oil
- 1/2 lbs beeswax granules or flakes
Equipment needed:Large glass measuring cup
Large pan of simmering water
Plastic or silicone ice cube tray
Candle lamp diffuser
1. Place beeswax and shea butter in measuring cup. Place cup in simmering water until wax and shea are fully melted, then remove cup from simmering water and allow the mixture to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Stir in essential oils, then pour into ice cube tray and freeze until solid.
3. Pop wax cubes out of tray and place in a heavy duty zip bag to store in freezer.
4. Remove cubes one at a time and place in lamp bowl. Light candle underneath and allow wax cube to melt and release aroma.
5. If scent fades during use, add 3 to 4 drops of each essential oil to the melted wax.
6. To remove and reuse the wax, allow lamp to cool and wax to harden, then place the lamp in the freezer. The wax will contract and should pop cleanly out of the lamp. Save used wax, re-melt and repeat directions above.