throat chakra meditation practice
Consider doing this simple meditation while listening to light background music, sounds of nature or specific tones for the throat. Music is a key component in support of this chakra and will help enhance the focused meditation. After the meditation is the perfect time to embark on a creative or artistic endeavor.
some key words to focus on:
- Sit in a comfortable, cross-legged position.
- Roll your shoulders back and lift your chin slightly so your throat is long and open.
- Close your eyes and take a deep breath.
- As you empty your mind of all other thoughts, visualize the color blue. Continue to breathe.
- Let go of any persistent thoughts and allow yourself to empty of everything except the color blue.
- It is the blue of the sky on a bright, sunny day. Picture this and continue to breathe.
- Let your focus shift to your self-expression. Do you speak your truth? Are you able to listen with patience and gratitude? Do you articulate your ideas well to others?
- If you have had any recent argument or instance of poor communication, allow your mind to think about it. Instead of focusing on any faults, acknowledge it and send it gratitude and forgiveness for yourself and for anyone else involved. With your next breath, exhale any lingering negativity and let it go.
- On your inhale, again offer gratitude for your connections with others and for the ability to communicate on many levels with the world around you.
- As you express your gratitude, become aware that your communication runs deep. It is more than talking and listening. It is in our posture and in our artistic endeavors and in all of the ways we connect with other beings.
- When you feel ready, open your eyes and begin your day.
Expressive Throat Organic Chakra Roll-on
Renew balance with this sweet blend of organic essential oils featuring calming chamomile and comforting vanilla.
Roll on essence to pulse points. Inhale. Nurture your throat chakra; apply to the base of the throat. Pleasing aroma for daily use as a perfume.