Meet May Chang
Meet the "mountain pepper", may chang!
A new favorite essential oil that has grown in visibility is Aura Cacia May Chang essential oil. Known as the 'Mountain Pepper', may chang is not a familiar botanical, despite the increasing popularity of the oil. This vibrant essential oil is one that offers something for every avid essential oil user.
Where Does It Come From?
Formally known as Litsea cubeba, May chang is native to the country of China. Traveling half way across the globe to a bottle near you, its lemony aroma offers refreshing notes while also stimulating and uplifting the mind. This cheery and bright oil is a wonderfully uplifting addition to every day.
What Does May Chang Look & Smell Like?
May chang comes from small fruits, similar in shape to peppers, that are grown on trees featuring white or pale yellow flowers. The flowers have a lemony aroma, hence the strong lemon draw when the botanical is in its oil form. As the fruit ripens it also darkens in color and continues to take on the shape and nature of a ripe pepper! Due to the similarity of the fruit to the veggie pepper, may chang has been referred to as the "mountain pepper".
Known for its intense lemon aroma with grassy notes, this oil is a beautiful addition to any essential oil collection. With its vibrant and cheery aroma, may chang is often used to feel uplifted and is even a helpful cleaning assistant. May chang blends well with florals and citrus oils: bergamot, geranium, jasmine, lavender, lemon, rose and sweet orange, to name a few.
Quick Tips With May Chang:
- To break out of the afternoon slump, diffuse may chang.
- Mix together may chang with your favorite unscented cleaner to scrub the nitty gritty dirt from your home.
- Blend with your favorite facial cleanser for a refreshed face.
- Inhale while spending a late night working or studying.
- Mix with your favorite skin care oil in a roll-on for an uplifting aroma on the go.
- Due to its unique chemistry, the essential oil is useful in outdoor protection blends similar to lemongrass and citronella.
Recipe: Spring Garden Diffusion
- 4 drops clary sage essential oil
- 6 drops bergamot essential oil
- 8 drops may chang essential oil
Directions: Add drops to diffuser per instructions and diffuse to cheer the home!