Meet Uplifting, Purifying Lemon
Lemon essential oil has the bright, crisp aroma of fresh-squeezed lemons. It is uplifting and energizing, and known for its powerfully purifying abilities. When used in diffusion blends lemon essential oil creates a happy, fresh-feeling airspace, and can even help mask unwanted or unpleasant aromas. It's a perfect addition to homemade green-cleaning products like counter sprays and window cleaners, and can even be added to your favorite unscented dish soaps and laundry detergents to add its fresh aroma and purifying effects.
Where Does Lemon Come From?
Aura Cacia Lemon Essential Oil comes from the United States. Like other citruses, lemon is one of the few essential oils expressed from the peel of the fresh fruit. The expression method uses pressure to physically squeeze the oil from plant tissue which is practical for citrus because of the unique oil-bearing structure of the rind.
You Know, We Make a Great Pair
Lemon essential oil blends wonderfully with other citruses like sweet orange, grapefruit and bergamot. As a bright, sparkly top note, lemon essential oil is a perfect complement to the rich spice aromas of clove, cinnamon and ginger, as well as the deeply resinous oils of frankincense, sandalwood and patchouli.
Quick Tips with Lemon
- Add 20 drops of lemon essential oil and 20 drops of bergamot essential oil to 1/2 cup of baking soda to use as a deodorizing carpet powder. Sprinkle on the carpet, wait 10-15 minutes, then vacuum up
- Add 3 drops of lemon essential oil and 3 drops of sweet orange essential oil to a diffuser for a cheering diffusion
- Add 20 drops of lemon essential oil to 1 cup of white vinegar in a spray bottle and use it to remove sticky or greasy residue on counters, stove tops and dishes
- Add several drops of lemon essential oil to a cotton ball (or two) to put in the bottom of your trash can, in your fridge, or even in your gym shoes to help combat unwanted odors
Recipe: Afternoon Pick-Me-Up Diffusion with Lemon
- 6 drops of Aura Cacia Lemon Essential Oil
- 3 drops of Aura Cacia Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 1 drop of Aura Cacia Sweet Peppermint Essential Oil