What is a hydrosol?
If you haven’t heard yet – hydrosols have made their way into stores near you to further enjoy and explore aromatherapy. But what is a hydrosol, exactly? Aura Cacia Hydrosols are the aromatic water solutions that remain after essential oils are distilled. In other words, when all of the essential oils are distilled out of their botanical body, there's a beautiful aromatic water that is left over that still delivers benefits in terms of aroma and skin effect! So you get the skin supporting benefits and a delicious floral aroma without any harsh effects.
These ready-to-use floral sprays deliver the benefits of essential oils in a single, sweeping spray. Each hydrosol is free of synthetic fragrance and gently preserved to ensure its safe use. They are perfect for boosting hydration on your skin, and are ideal in the place of harsh toners.
Let's learn a little bit more about each!
Lavender – a soft & light floral
- Aroma: Soft, sweet, floral
- Benefit: Soothing
- Quick use: To soothe and calm, mist face and body
Rose – a romantic & heady floral
- Aroma: Rich, radiant, floral
- Benefit: Renewing
- Quick use: To refresh and renew, mist face and body
Neroli – a soft & sweet floral
- Aroma: Citrusy, sweet, floral
- Benefit: Uplifting
- Quick use: To refresh and uplift, mist over face and body
Geranium – a warm & balancing floral
- Aroma: Rose-like, leafy top note, minty undertones
- Benefit: Balancing
- Quick use: To refresh and balance, mist face and body
Chamomile – a light & sweet floral
- Aroma: Mild floral, sweet, honey-like
- Benefit: Calming
- Quick use: To refresh and calm, mist face and body
Using Hydrosols On the Go
Easy to incorporate in a busy life, hydrosols can be used in a variety of ways. They deliver the aroma of the flower and are kind to fabrics and skin. Take along in your purse or gym bag, keep one in the car and make great use of the many fantastic benefits of hydrosols.
- Garment refreshing spray - lightly spray chamomile on cloths before washing (avoid delicate fabrics)
- Face mist - mist face and body with rose for a lightweight moisturizer (avoid contact with eyes)
- Body spritz - mist geranium to refresh under arms or body
- Hair mist - mist your hair with lavender to hydrate and lightly fragrance
- Make-up remover - spray neroli on a cotton pad to remove make-up
Authored by: Aura Cacia