Holiday DIY Recipes
3 Holiday Essential Oil Recipes
The holidays are the perfect time to try your hand at DIY recipes using essential oils. Handmade gifts are wonderfully personal, so much fun to make, and give you the benefit of aromatherapy while you’re blending! Try out these holiday recipes today!
Peppermint Bark Whipped Body Butter
Experience the sweet & minty combo of sweet peppermint and vanilla all day long with this peppermint bark whipped body butter!
- ¼ cup Aura Cacia Organic Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup Aura Cacia Organic Fair Trade Certified Cocoa Butter
- ¼ cup Aura Cacia Organic Unrefined Shea Butter
- ¼ cup Aura Cacia Jojoba Oil
- 10 drops Aura Cacia Sweet Peppermint Essential Oil
- 4 drops Aura Cacia Vanilla in Jojoba Oil
- 4-ounce Aura Cacia Amber Wide Mouth Jar
- Optional: 1 tsp cornstarch (makes the butter feel more silky and less greasy)
- Combine all the ingredients except for the essential oils in a double boiler or glass bowl over a pot of water
- Heat the water over medium-low heat, stirring the ingredients as they melt until they are fully integrated
- Once the ingredients are well mixed, remove them from the heat and let cool for a few minutes. Once the double boiler or bowl is cool enough to handle, transfer the mixture to the fridge and let chill for an hour (starting to harden, but still soft enough to be spreadable)
- Use a hand mixer to whip the ingredients until fluffy, about 10 minutes. Add the essential oils and whip for an additional minute.
- Transfer the butter to Aura Cacia Amber Glass Jars, label and give as a thoughtful holiday gift!
Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments
Let the kids get in on the holiday blending with Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments! They’ll love creating their own ornaments for the tree, or gifting to grandparents!
- 1 cup smooth applesauce
- 1 ¼ cup ground cinnamon
- 10 drops Aura Cacia Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 2 drops Aura Cacia Nutmeg Essential Oil
- Stir together the applesauce, cinnamon and essential oils until fully mixed and able to form a large ball. The consistency of the dough should be moist and easy to handle, not sticky. Add more applesauce if needed.
- Divide the dough into two portions and flatten into discs. Chill the discs in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes to make the dough easier to work with
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Sprinkle a cutting board or smooth counter top with cinnamon and roll the chilled dough with a rolling pin until it reaches ¼ inch thickness.
- Use your favorite cookie cutters to cut out the dough into shapes
- Using a straw, pierce a small hole in the top of each ornament (this is where you will tie the string)
- Transfer the ornaments to the baking sheet, and bake for two hours or until completely firm
- Allow to cool completely, then thread a string or ribbon through the hole to hang the ornament
Holiday Room Spray
Create an inviting home for guests the holiday season with this sweet and woodsy holiday room spray!
- 10 drops Aura Cacia Balsam Fir Needle Essential Oil
- 4 drops Aura Cacia Juniper Berry Essential Oil
- 2 drops Aura Cacia Clove Bud Essential Oil
- 2 drops Aura Cacia Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 2 ounces water
- 2-ounce Aura Cacia Amber Mist bottle
- Combine all the essential oils into the mist bottle.
- Fill the bottle with 2 oz of water.
- Cap, shake and enjoy!
Looking for more great holiday recipes? Check out our Winter Diffusion Recipes for some aromatherapy blends that will help you invite the holiday season into your home.