Lavender Rose Warm Wax Hand and Foot Dip
This parafin-free wax dip is infused with real rose petals and calming lavender oil. The penetrating warmth of a hand or foot dip is a particularly relaxing way to enjoy the luxurious benefits of roses and lavender.
- 1/2 lbs beeswax or soy wax
- 1/2 c dried rose petals, crushed
- 2 oz. sweet almond oil
- 24 drops lavender essential oil
1. Melt wax in a double boiler or bowl set in simmering water. Make sure the wax vessel is large enough to dip a hand or foot into.
2. While wax is melting, mix the lavender essential oil into the sweet almond oil in a separate container.
3. Crumble the rose petals into the melting wax.
4. Once wax is fully melted, remove from heat and let cool. Use a meat or candy thermometer to measure 120 degrees.
5. Pour half of the lavender-scented sweet almond oil into the melted wax mixture and stir.
6. Coat hands or feet with the remaining lavender-scented sweet almond oil.
7. Once the melted wax mixture reaches 110 degrees dip your hands or feet into the mixture and remove to let a skin form. Repeat until several layers of warm wax form on your skin.
8. Have someone help you to wrap your hands or feet in plastic wrap and a warm towel or blanket. After 20 minutes, unwrap and peel away the wax and discard.