Vanilla Body Butter with Black Pepper Essential Oil
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Hands-on Time: 12 hours 30 mins
- Makes: 4 ounces
Whip up this soothing, balancing DIY vanilla body butter made with spicy black pepper essential oil.
- 24 drops Aura Cacia Vanilla (in jojoba oil) 0.5 fl. oz.
- 24 drops Aura Cacia Black Pepper Essential Oil 0.5 fl. oz.
- 3 ounces Aura Cacia Organic Fair Trade Certified Cocoa Butter 4 fl. oz.
- 1 fluid ounce Aura Cacia Sweet Almond Skin Care Oil 4 fl. oz.
- 4-ounce Aura Cacia 4 fl. oz. Amber Bottle with Writable Label 4 fl. oz.
1. In a heavy saucepan, melt cocoa butter over low heat.
2. Add sweet almond oil and continue heating just until mixture has clarified.
3. Remove from heat and stir in essential oils.
4. Pour into a jar, replace lid and allow to cool undisturbed for 12 hours.
5. To use, rub a small amount into hands and massage into skin.
For a creamier consistency, try whipping the mixture during the cool-down phase, between steps 3 and 4.