Tamanu Shaving Cream with Lavender Essential Oil
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 2 cups
A natural shaving cream featuring tamanu oil, cocoa butter and lavender essential oil.
- 75 drops Aura Cacia Lavender Essential Oil
- 2 teaspoons Aura Cacia Tamanu Oil
- 2 teaspoons Aura Cacia Fair Trade Certidied Cocoa Butter
- 2 teaspoons Aura Sweet Almond Oil
- 1 1/2 cups distilled water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoons castile soap
- 1/2 cup aloe vera gel (for people with sensitive skin) or honey
1. In a double boiler, combine cocoa butter, sweet almond and tamanu oils. Heat until clarified, then pour into a large bowl and let cool.
2. In another pan, heat water. Add baking soda and soap, stirring until completely dissolved and blended. Add aloe vera gel or honey and stir until blended.
3. Pour soap mixture into bowl with oil mixture. Add essential oil. Using a hand mixer or immersion blender, mix in increments of two minutes until well blended.
4. To use, apply desired amount to damp skin and shave.
5. Store in an airtight container.