Lavender Tamanu Baby Balm
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Makes: 4 fluid ounces
A gentle, natural balm for the baby's bottom featuring tamanu oil, lavender essential oil and vitamin E oil.
- 2 tablespoons Aura Cacia Organic Tamanu Skin Care Oil
- 2 tablespoons Aura Cacia Jojoba Skin Care Oil
- 48 drops Aura Cacia Lavender Essential Oil
- 4-ounce Aura Cacia Amber Wide Mouth Jar with Writable Label
- 1 tablespoon zinc oxide
- 1/2 tablespoon vitamin E oil
- 1 tablespoon grated beeswax or beeswax beads
1. In a double boiler on stove top, gently heat the tamanu and jojoba oils and the beeswax until clarified, remove from the heat and let cool 5 minutes.
2. Add Vitamin E oil, zinc oxide and essential oils to mixture, stir until blended.
3. Pour into glass jar, replace lid and refrigerate to solidify.
4. To use, apply desired amount as a protective moisture barrier for baby’s skin at each diaper change.