Hand Cream with Lemon and Lavender Essential Oils
- Makes: 16 fluid ounces
A gentle DIY hand cream recipe made with beeswax, sweet almond oil, lemon essential oil and lavender essential oil.
1. In a double boiler, combine beeswax and sweet almond oil. Heat just until melted.
2. Dissolve sodium borate (Borax) in water.
3. Add water mixture to blender, turn on and stream in the wax and oil mixture.
4. Continue blending until the cream begins to thicken and takes on a hazy appearance.
5. Add essential oils and resume whisking until cream is thick. Transfer to container.
6. To use, massage a small amount into feet. Remove excess with paper towel.
7. Store in refrigerator.