Grilled Greek Pizza with Roasted Garlic Hummus
Organic hummus, kalamata olives, red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese and fresh greens bring simple homemade pizza to life in this grilled Greek rendition.
- 1 package Simply Organic Roasted Garlic Hummus Mix
- 1/2 pound prepared or homemade pizza dough
- 16-ounce chickpeas
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus more for coating dough
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh oregano, basil or arugula, for garnish
- Pine nuts, for garnish
1. In a food processor, combine contents of seasoning packet, chickpeas and olive oil. Puree on high for 5 minutes, scraping the sides halfway through. Add water and lemon juice and puree for 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside to allow flavor to develop.
2. Preheat the grill to high.
3. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a circle, about 1/4 inch thick and place on parchment paper. Spread a light coat of olive oil on top of the dough and set aside.
4. Place the dough on the grill for 2 to 4 minutes, flipping half way through.
5. When the dough is grilled, spread hummus onto crust. Top with olives, bell pepper, tomatoes, feta cheese, oregano, basil or arugula and pine nuts. Serve hot.