Cinnamon, Clove and Nutmeg Potpourri
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 3 cups
A warming homemade potpourri recipe made with cinnamon sticks, cloves and nutmegs, then tossed in essential oils.
- 2 fluid ounces Aura Cacia Jojoba Skin Care Oil
- 8 drops Aura Cacia Cassia (Cinnamon) Bark Essential Oil
- 8 drops Aura Cacia Clove Bud Essential Oil
- 8 drops Aura Cacia Nutmeg Essential Oil
- 1 cup cinnamon sticks (2 to 3 inches long)
- 1 cup whole cloves
- 1 cup whole nutmegs
- small cellophane or linen bag
- ribbon, Raffia
- 2-ounce amber glass mist bottle
1. In a medium mixing bowl, measure the cinnamon sticks, clove bud and nutmeg spices. Toss until well mixed.
2. In bottle, combine jojoba oil and essential oils, replace lid and shake until well blended.
3. Alternately, spray and toss the spices in the bowl with the oil. Continue spraying until the spices are thoroughly saturated.
4. Place scented potpourri in cellophane bag and tie with ribbon.
5. Refresh with new potpourri oil and spices whenever needed.