Crowd Pleaser: How to be a Chill Host
Forget the food, drinks and music ... for a minute. Focus on YOU.
If hosting a party was effortless, stress-free and a guaranteed good time for all concerned, we’d sure have a lot more of them. Here are some easy things you can do to help make entertaining a more relaxing and successful event.
- Lighten up. It’s easier to create a great party at which everyone is comfortable than it is to achieve perfection. Remember you are trying to entertain your friends not out shine them.
- Integrate. Smile, make introductions, have an ice breaker game, and circulate.
- Plan. Don’t forget to put yourself down on the guest list – if you’re having fun, your guests will too.
- Organize. Make one signature cocktail available in a pitcher, a selection of beers and soft drinks on ice, red and white wine — and have guests serve themselves. Prepare one signature food item and buy the rest.
- Give. Consider parting gifts such as homemade mist or bath salts to help commemorate the party.