Add the simple pleasures of aromatherapy to your everyday life with our unparalleled selection of essential oils and ready-to-use skin care products — formulated from 100% pure essential oils, to provide true aromatherapy benefits for the mind, body, and spirit.
It's just about time to once again prove your affection by partaking in the seemingly obligatory commercialized template of Valentine's Day by sending your beloved a card, candy or flowers.
Do you sometimes feel ripped off by this holiday? A dozen roses are never more expensive, and a box of chocolates are never more over-packaged and fussy than they are during the week of February 14th. But if you don't shell out, you're made to feel that you're withholding your love.
A gifting solution that lifts your gesture out of the commercialized crowd and also demonstrates your love and affection in a unique way is the answer. All it takes is a little devotion of your time and talent, with essential oils providing the love-catalyzing ingredient in these unique gift recipes:
Chocolove Sensual Body Blend
Aura Cacia aromatherapist and educator Tim Blakley formulated this sensual body blend to be a treat for you and your lover -- one that you can give as a gift or quickly whip up for a special night. His instructions for use are simple: "Massage this moisturizing exotic love blend on your lover's body and have fun!"
1. Scoop cocoa butter out of container with a spoon and melt in the microwave or using a double boiler until liquid.
2. Mix in essential oils and pour into airtight container.
3. Allow to cool slightly, then massage and have fun!
Note: When oil cools completely, it will solidify.
Storage: Store blend in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Warm before use.
Mojito Body Scrub
Aura Cacia aromatherapist and educator Charlynn Avery shared this homemade body scrub as a favorite recipe for treating herself. She says: "I created this scrub a few years ago when I wanted to enjoy my own spa experience at home. Nothing says self-care like taking excellent care of your skin in a spa-like atmosphere. This combination of brightening and uplifting oils is the perfect treat for yourself!"
1. In a small bowl, mix oils and sugar.
2. In shower or bath, apply the sugar scrub in gentle circular motions. Rinse.
Storage: While this recipe is intended for a single, immediate use, you can multiply the amount and store for later use. In larger amounts, the scrub should be kept in a glass container in a dark, cool place.
Vanilla Almond Foot Scrub
Created by Aura Cacia product expert Tom Havran, this recipe for a foot scrub is personal without necessarily carrying any romantic intentions. It's an easy and delightful Valentine’s Day gift you can make for your best friend who deserves a bit of pampering. Tom says: "Our feet are very sensitive and a bit of podiatric pampering will have us walking on the sunny side in no time. A good foot soak, scrub and massage seems to make your whole body happy."
1. Measure coconut and sweet almond oils into a glass measuring cup. Place cup in simmering hot water bath until coconut oil melts. Remove from hot water bath.
2. Meanwhile, measure almonds and pulse in a food processor or blender into a finely ground meal.
3. Add almonds to melted oils. Add sugar and Vanilla Precious Essentials. Mix thoroughly and place in a pretty jar or tin.
1. Soak feet in a basin of hot water until soft. (Tip: add a packet of Aura Cacia Comforting Vanilla Precious Essentials Aromatherapy Soak.)
2. Rinse feet, pat dry, apply 1 to 2 tablespoons of scrub and massage all over feet and toes.
3. Rinse away almond and sugar granules, massage remaining oil, then wipe dry with paper towels.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in a cabinet, protected from heat. Good for up to one year.
Bouquet of Potpourri Diffusion Sachets
Fresh flowers are beautiful, but fleeting and not very functional. Give a bouquet of these dried flower sachets instead. They can be tucked in drawers, hung in closets or infused in the tub as a fresh and fragrant bath tea.
1 cup dried rose buds
1 cup dried lavender flowers
1 cup dried peppermint leaf
1 teaspoon lavender oil
1. In a mixing bowl, toss together dried rose buds, lavender flowers and peppermint leaf.
2. Sprinkle with lavender oil and toss again.
3. Divide the mixture into several cotton drawstring bags.
4. Slip them into a sealed tin or cellophane bag.
Pink Roses Bath Salts
The price of roses skyrockets over Valentine's day. As an alternative to filling a vase with expensive flowers that will wilt in a few days, fill a jar with these rose-scented Himalayan pink bath salts, the scent and color of which will never fade.
1. In a mixing bowl, toss together Himalayan pink salt and crush rose petals.
2. Sprinkle mixture with oils and mix until well blended and salt granules are well saturated with aroma.
3. Store in a covered glass jar or decanter.
4. To use, dissolve up to 1/4 cup in a warm bath.
The art of a loving correspondence is lost in this age of slick, commercialized greeting cards. Bring back the love letter with your own handcrafted, scented Valentines.
Handmade or recycled paper and envelopes.
Assortment of essential oils.
1. Create a bi-fold card.
2. Cut out hearts and affix to the front.
3. Write a personalized greeting.
4. Sprinkle the card with 10-12 drops of essential oil.
Dear Valentine, Orange You Glad You Brighten my Day like the Scent of Sweet Orange?
You're the Bee's Knees my Honey-scented Helichrysum Valentine.
I Can't Keep my Feelings at Bay my Dear Valentine.
Dear Valentine, Please be Mine Fir-Ever.