Add the simple pleasures of aromatherapy to your everyday life with our unparalleled selection of essential oils and ready-to-use skin care products — formulated from 100% pure essential oils, to provide true aromatherapy benefits for the mind, body, and spirit.
Celebrating the love in your life on Valentine's Day (or any day!) is a way to nurture and show gratitude for your relationships — with a lover, with a friend or even with yourself. Homemade aromatherapy Valentine's Day gifts are a hands-on and personal way to show your love and pamper the recipient. Our aromatherapy experts shared their favorite homemade treats in the easy DIY recipes below.
For Your Lover:
Chocolove Sensual Body Blend
Aura Cacia aromatherapist and educator Tim Blakley formulated this sensual body blend to be a treat for you and your lover -- one that you can give as a gift or quickly whip up for a special night. His instructions for use are simple: "Massage this moisturizing exotic love blend on your lover's body and have fun!"
1. Scoop cocoa butter out of container with a spoon and melt in the microwave or using a double boiler until liquid.
2. Mix in essential oils and pour into airtight container.
3. Allow to cool slightly, then massage and have fun!
Note: When oil cools completely, it will solidify.
Storage: Store blend in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Warm before use.
Mojito Body Scrub
Aura Cacia aromatherapist and educator Charlynn Avery shared this homemade body scrub as a favorite recipe for treating herself. She says: "I created this scrub a few years ago when I wanted to enjoy my own spa experience at home. Nothing says self-care like taking excellent care of your skin in a spa-like atmosphere. This combination of brightening and uplifting oils is the perfect treat for yourself!"
1. In a small bowl, mix oils and sugar.
2. In shower or bath, apply the sugar scrub in gentle circular motions. Rinse.
Storage: While this recipe is intended for a single, immediate use, you can multiply the amount and store for later use. In larger amounts, the scrub should be kept in a glass container in a dark, cool place.
For Your Friend:
Vanilla Almond Foot Scrub
Created by Aura Cacia product expert Tom Havran, this recipe for a foot scrub is personal without necessarily carrying any romantic intentions. It's an easy and delightful Valentine’s Day gift you can make for your best friend who deserves a bit of pampering. Tom says: "Our feet are very sensitive and a bit of podiatric pampering will have us walking on the sunny side in no time. A good foot soak, scrub and massage seems to make your whole body happy."
1. Measure coconut and sweet almond oils into a glass measuring cup. Place cup in simmering hot water bath until coconut oil melts. Remove from hot water bath.
2. Meanwhile, measure almonds and pulse in a food processor or blender into a finely ground meal.
3. Add almonds to melted oils. Add sugar and Vanilla Precious Essentials. Mix thoroughly and place in a pretty jar or tin.
1. Soak feet in a basin of hot water until soft. (Tip: add a packet of Aura Cacia Comforting Vanilla Precious Essentials Aromatherapy Soak.)
2. Rinse feet, pat dry, apply 1 to 2 tablespoons of scrub and massage all over feet and toes.
3. Rinse away almond and sugar granules, massage remaining oil, then wipe dry with paper towels.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in a cabinet, protected from heat. Good for up to one year.