Whether you’re trying to get away from work on a rare vacation, or to work during your regular commute, or even just running errands around town, travel hardly ever seems to be easy, quick or safe. Travel can put you on edge and even compromise your well being. When weather threatens your journey, when construction interferes with your timing, or crowds close in to jostle and breathe on you, you need ways to ease the apprehension, quell the road rage, and boost your spirits. A travel kit of easy-to-use essential oil applications is the natural answer to ease your travel.
Start with easy inhalations of bottled pure essential oils for any situation that arises. Just take a whiff of:
• Lavender during any stressful event
• Peppermint when you are tired
• Eucalyptus when you are surrounded by sniffling and sneezing people
A simple dilution of essential oils and pure water in a small spray bottle can be customized for more specific applications. Mix the oils and water, shake the bottle and apply 3 to 4 sprays.
• Relax: To help put you in a relaxed, restful state during a long red-eye flight, combine 12 drops lavender, 6 drops Roman chamomile and 6 drops sweet marjoram with 4 ounces of water.
• Revive: If a long drive with little sleep has you dangerously close to dozing off, combine 12 drops peppermint and 12 drops grapefruit with 4 ounces of water.
• Protect: If everyone around you seems to be ill, or if you find yourself in less than clean public transportation, use a blend of 12 drops tea tree, 6 drops lemon and 6 drops lavender with 4 ounces of water. Use as a purifying air and hand spray.
Essential oils have the power to calm, refresh and shield us from the effects of travel. Whether you are going across town or across country, pack a little protection with Aura Cacia pure essential oils.